Cooks In5 minutes plus chilling
Nutrition per serving
Calories 355 18%
Fat 28.7g 41%
Saturates 16.9g 85%
Sugars 10.7g 12%
Salt 0.1g 2%
Protein 5.9g 12%
Carbs 12.4g 5%
Fibre 3.9g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 300 ml single cream
- 200 g quality dark chocolate , (70%)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons brandy , the best you can get
- 20 g unsalted butter
Penguin Anniversary Edition: The Return Of The Naked Chef
By Jamie Oliver
- In a thick-bottomed pan, heat the cream until nearly boiling. Snap in the chocolate and stir in until melted and smooth. Remove and set aside for 1 minute and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat in the egg yolks and brandy and stir until combined. Stir in the butter and a pinch of sea salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into small individual serving pots and pop in the fridge to set for about 2 hours. Serve with your favourite biscuit to dip in.
Sometimes if you add the butter when the chocolate isn’t cool enough it will make the chocolate look as if it has split. To rectify this, allow the mixture to cool a little longer before whisking in a little cold milk until smooth again.